Martes, Agosto 18, 2015

~DIY painted faux pumpkin's with real stems~

Last year as the kids were walking around the pumpkin patch, I was too.
However, instead of picking out a pumpkin, I was collecting all the broken off stems.
Well, it's been almost a year and I am so glad I did that because last week I put them to use on some faux pumpkins and I love the look.
Here is how you can make some too!


Here is what the pumpkins started out looking like.
I got mine at Hobby Lobby for 40% off.


I decided to go with something a little less ordinary, so I picked up a selection of pink paints.
{sun kissed coral and crimson turned out to be my two favorites!}


Most of the stems stayed in pretty good shape. I am glad I got so many so I could pick through them and choose the best ones. I did slice the bottoms off them if they weren't perfectly straight.


Remove the stems from your fake pumpkins.
They are usually attached with a small wire and pull out easily.
A couple of mine I needed scissors to pry them off.

The next step is to paint your pumpkins.
Mine took 4-5 coats, so it was quite a long process.
Once they are fully painted and dry you can hot glue on your real stems.



And there you have it, fun, bright, whimsical pumpkins!



I think I will be scouring thrift stores for fake pumpkins for the next little while.
I would love to paint some with grey's and blues.

xoxo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento