Biyernes, Disyembre 19, 2014

Gallery Wall of Mirrors

There's a hallway in our house that has the lowest ceiling you could possibly imagine and not a ton of natural light. Actually, there's like, no natural light. It's a dark, squatty hallway. The playroom is at one end, our bedroom is at the other and the guest bathroom and the laundry room are in between. So, you know, it's a high-traffic space and I wanted it to be a little less of an eye sore.

 photo IMG_8477.jpg

Mirrors are a great way to brighten up any space. It really is like adding a window! In my case, I wanted to add about 10 little windows...

 photo IMG_8481.jpg

I have a ton of art hanging around in the hall and in the guest bath, so besides the added light factor, mirrors felt like a good way to find balance with the rest of the art on the nearby walls.

 photo IMG_8555.jpg

 photo cIMG_8538.jpg

 photo IMG_8532.jpg

 photo IMG_8522.jpg

I've collected most of these mirrors over the years from thrift stores and flea markets. It's not all that easy to find a good place to hang an individual small-sized mirror, but I love the way they all look hanging together!

 photo IMG_8533.jpg

And I really like the way the gold tones mix with the silver/nickel and the wood. I've mixed metals all over our house, and this little hallway sort of brings all that together for me.

 photo IMG_8524.jpg

Remember this pretty mirror from the garden level entry of the brownstone? The square mirror to the left was a more recent find, on sale at Anthropologie.

 photo IMG_8520.jpg

The Mexican mirror was another more recent find at a cool junk store near here called Turtle's Treasures. Only $5!

 photo IMG_8517.jpg

The Louis Phillipe style mirror is really old - the glass is foggy and super warped. I love it!

 photo IMG_8511.jpg

 photo IMG_8509.jpg

It's always a good idea to hang art at eye level. I hung these as if there was a chalk line at my eye level and then I centered the mirror(s) on that line.

 photo IMG_8503.jpg

 photo IMG_8502.jpg

It's sort of a dark day here, so you'll have to trust me when I say the mirrors are really brightening up this hallway! :) I'm so happy I was able to find a place to hang all these little treasure of mine, and that they look all the more special hanging together.

 photo IMG_8488.jpg

 photo IMG_8471.jpg

Now I just need to work on finding some new wall sconces! :/

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento