Martes, Enero 27, 2015

Welcome, little Margot

Last week our sweet Margot Julia joined us! She is the tiniest little peanut - just barely six pounds - but we can already tell that she'll be just as fiery and independent as her big sisters! :)

 photo IMG_8471.jpg

 photo IMG_8771.jpg

It wasn't nearly the dramatic birth story that Evie had, but Margot came just as fast! I went in for my 38 week appointment on the morning of the 14th and found out that the baby had flipped and was breech again! It was hugely disappointing for me. I had worked so hard to get her to turn three or four different times - it looked like she just preferred to be head up for some reason. I had gotten more comfortable with the idea of a c-section (whatever it takes to get them here safe, right?), but I still wanted to try to avoid surgery if possible since I had been able to with my other births.

 photo IMG_8786.jpg

The last couple of visits, the umbilical cord had been wrapped around Margot's head, but this time the cord was out of the way and my doctor wanted to turn her. He scheduled a version procedure at the hospital for that same afternoon, which is where they try to manually turn the baby. It is about as uncomfortable as it sounds. After almost an hour of digging into my belly (which is bruise central now), my doctor finally got Margot to turn head down. We talked and talked about our options and we decided to break my water and get her delivered before she could flip again. It was a hard decision, because I don't really love the idea of an induction, but I really didn't want a c-section if it could be avoided.

 photo IMG_8463.jpg

Just a few short hours after my water broke, tiny, perfect Margot joined us. I feel like I got so much insight into what happened with Evie's labor this time. I learned just how fast my body goes through transition - I went from 4cm to a birthed baby in about 30 minutes! That half hour is insanely intense, but also kind of great that the really hard part is over so quickly, right?

 photo IMG_8772.jpg

We have the most serious perma heart eyes for Margot. I have a feeling this kid will never learn to crawl or walk - she is being held for about 23 hours a day! We just can't get enough of her. I pretty much just want to stare at her for the rest of my life.

 photo IMG_8829.jpg

 photo IMG_8751.jpg

I'm easing my way back into work (slowly) and have a goal to post here a couple times a week. And of course I'll be on Instagram  and Pinterest every day. As always, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the support and well-wishes about Margot. I really love and appreciate you guys. It has been amazing to get to share my life with you all for the past seven years and feel you cheering me on every step of the way. xoxoxo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento