Huwebes, Pebrero 12, 2015

~thrifty Thursday~button initial art

I have a ton of buttons, so I thought this week I would make something with them.

Start out with an assortment of buttons.


Cut a square piece of wood. I used a 1x8 piece of pine.
Sand any rough edges off.


Cut squares of scrapbook paper the same size as your wood.


Decoupage your paper on top.
If you have any edges that hang over, you can sand those off.
Make sure all air bubbles are smoothed out.


Lightly go over the top with decoupage and let dry.


For the edges, I wiped on dark wax.
You could also paint the edges.


While all that is drying, print out your letter of choice.
Printing on card stock works best, but it's not necessary.


Cut out the letter. It doesn't have to be perfect.


Center it on the wood and trace it on.
I'd suggest using a pencil.
I used a ballpoint pen and you can see a little bit of it in the finished product.



Starting little by little, brush on some Elmer's glue.


And start glueing on your buttons. You might want to pick out the colors, sizes ahead of time.


Let the whole thing dry and place it on a shelf or wherever you would like!



xoxo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento