Martes, Abril 19, 2016

Spring Cleaning with my Sidekick








Well, it's springtime, friends! And that means green grass, baby animals, April showers, May flowers, and of course, spring cleaning. I have a love-hate relationship with spring cleaning. Love because it feels cathartic to shake out those dust bunnies and purge the clutter that's been slowly stealing away precious square footage of the house. But at the end of the day, it's still spring CLEANING. And cleaning is not on my top 10 list of activities I'd define as “fun”.


But, cleaning is a necessity. And if it has to be done, I am going to get it done as quickly, efficiently, and as inexpensively as possible. So Sidekick and I head to Wal-Mart.


 


spring cleaning with clorox and walmart remodelaholic


 


Because that is the place where I know that I will be able to get EVERYTHING I need to get my house in tip top shape for rock bottom prices.


After skillfully dodging the candy and toy aisles, I spy with my two eyes something in the store, and the color is…CLEAN. The spring cleaning section is like a happy haven of hygiene. Aisles and aisles of cleanliness to peruse and admire. I zero in on this product by Clorox. A Clorox Toilet Wand. And I'm suddenly feeling like the contents of this little box may be the answer to the prayers of my inner clean freak. I snatch it up, and look around reflexively, expecting someone to snag it out of my hot, freshly sanitized little hands. But, we make it out of Walmart in tact, with a plethora of cleaning goodness in tow.


spring cleaning with clorox and walmart remodelaholic


 


As I unpack our munitions, Sidekick goes off to prepare for the ensuing battle. He comes back from the dress up box in full superhero garb. “Appropriate choice,” I say, “because Mommy does need a hero to save the day. Let me show you the situation, Captain Clean.”  Sidekick and I head to the site of the first catastrophe in this, our own mission impossible. The boys' bathroom.


I open the secret weapon in it's blue Clorox box, and hand it to our superhero.


 


spring cleaning with clorox and walmart remodelaholic


 


And off he heads, in the direction of peril, to save the day.


 


Spring cleaning and Clorox for Remodelaholic


 


As I watch Captain Clean in action, I realize that this toilet wand is pure genius! It has disposable cleaning heads that come preloaded with Clorox toilet bowl cleaner. Our superhero simply clicks the cleaning head to the wand, swishes the wand in the bowl, then TOSSES the cleaning head away! DONE! It was like magic. Not only is Captain Clean a superhero, he's a magician to boot. In all my years of cleaning toilet bowls, it had never been this easy.


 


spring cleaning with clorox and walmart remodelaholic


 


And that has me pondering a bit more. Part of my dislike of cleaning toilets is that it's, well, gross. And why is that? Well, one reason is that typically, we clean our toilets, then we KEEP THE TOILET BRUSH! SAY Whhhaaaaaat???? WE KEEP THE THINGY THAT WE SHOVE IN THE NASTY TOILET TO CLEAN THE NASTINESS OUT OF IT. Why on Earth would we want to hold onto that?? Like a spoil of war or something?


Well, no more. I'm breaking up with my old toilet brushes. Captain Clean and Clorox have showed me the light.


 


spring cleaning with clorox and walmart remodelaholic


 


And with that battle conquered, it's on to a few more spring cleaning clashes. But thanks to Wal-Mart and Clorox, I'm confident that Captain Clean and I can win this war. Spring cleaning victory will soon be ours.


 


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Clorox. The opinions and text are all mine.





 









The post Spring Cleaning with my Sidekick appeared first on Remodelaholic.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento