Lunes, Hunyo 20, 2016

Self Watering Nimbus Pots








Nimbus Pot Self Watering pots @remodelaholic-5


I used to think that fall was my favorite season of the year, and really it was for years.


However, now that I am a mom, spring and early summer are my new favorite seasons.  I am telling you after a long cold winter, there is nothing more exciting then FINALLY getting to send the kids outside to play (without the 25 minutes of bundling for 5 total minutes of play time)  Seeing the world wake up from it's winter gloom is so fabulous.


One of the biggest selling point for me on our (semi) new house, is that we have an awesome yard.  It needs a LOT of work, and will take us years to tame, but with beautiful full grown trees and the perfect amount of afternoon shade, it really is my favorite feature.  So, it is not surprising to me (even if it is a little funny) that in this new house our first real project was adding our deck just so we could enjoy our outdoor space.  And enjoy it- we have, we spend a lot of time outside.


Having potted flowers on our front and back porch has really been one of my favorite seasonal changes to our spaces.  I love looking outside to see beautiful flowers and color.  We live within walking distance to a nursery, so plant buying just might become my new obsession.    But I have to be honest, last year our plants lasted about 1.5 months, when the excitement for the new season wore off.  We spent less time in the extreme heat and forgot to water our potted plants as often, and because of that they looked awful (and mostly dead til cool fall weather brought the few, barely surviving plants back to life).  


This year we are trying out a new product called Nimbus Pot, a planting pot that self waters!!  Are you kidding me?  That is amazing.  I was totally game with trying it out.  All the benefits of container gardening without all the extra maintenance.


Check out their video to see what I am talking about, it is just plain cool!  But we had to make a video of our own to show you how we are using it.



Basically, there is a reservoir of water that holds 4 liters.  The water will come up from the bottom of the pot as your soil gets dry, but because it only waters as needed it will avoid root rot on your plants.


On the side there is a water level indicator.  The indicator will float to let you know that the reservoir is full. As the plant uses the water, it will lower down and indicate when you need to add more water. So depending on your climate you'll just have to keep an eye on it and see how often you'll have to refill.  It could water up to four months.  That's one less thing to worry about, right?  YAY!  My plants will survive the whole season!!  I am so excited about that.


Another cool thing is, you can add plant food to the water. So, not only are you watering, but feeding the plant at the same time.  That is what I call multi-tasking!!


I like the really simple, clean design of the pot.  They look good anywhere.


 


Lastly when we are done with the summer season, these pots can be used indoors as well, so if you think you have a black thumb, I think these pots could be your saving grace.  Just set a calendar alert on your phone to check water levels and voila, you all of a sudden have a green thumb!


 Nimbus Pot Self Watering pots @remodelaholic-7We are just barely turning some attention to the front yard of our house, and let's be honest it is going slowly!  We just ripped out some of the old trees in our front yard and the space was looking so bear, and a little sad.  But add some color and flowers and it looks so much better!  We  decided to try them out in my front porch, because we never just hang out there, so it is the perfect spot to have some self watering Nimbus Pots!  (because otherwise I would forget to water them!)


Nimbus Pot Self Watering pots @remodelaholic-2


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NIMBUS. The opinions and text are all mine.



 









The post Self Watering Nimbus Pots appeared first on Remodelaholic.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento