Martes, Hulyo 28, 2015

~a French chair before and after~{mms paint}

This chair started out with great bones, but not really the finish I wanted.
I bought it off a friend for $11.00 and tried my hand at Miss Mustard Seed paint that
The Ironstone Nest sent to me.


First I took off the seat and covered the vinyl in cotton with a linen burlap stripe down the middle.
Then I painted the whole thing first with grain sack, then with marzipan.
I finished off with finishing wax and a bit of dark wax after sanding.

This is my inspiration photo and my before picture:

And here it is all finished!


The paint was super easy to use once I got the hang of it and it gave the overall finish a really smooth feel and look. I love it!




I cannot wait to find more things to paint.
Have you used Miss Mustard Seed paint before?

xoxo


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento