Miyerkules, Hulyo 15, 2015

Evie's Bedroom

One of the design questions I get asked the most is how to get kids involved with decorating their bedrooms without letting it turn into a Dora or Minecraft-themed room. Generally, I feel like it's more than okay to have character accents in a kid's bedroom - it is their room after all! But I also think it's a smart idea to buy classic furniture and bedding that will grow with your child.

 photo IMG_0534.jpg

 photo IMG_0510.jpg

 photo IMG_0563.jpg

The girls are on summer vacation right now and we decided to get some projects done in their bedrooms while they're home for most of the day. We looked through my fabric stash to get color ideas, and, as I expected, each of them sort of decided to do their own thing and go in completely different directions. Evie's class did a big butterfly study this year and she's been begging for a "butterfly bedroom" ever since. I don't usually love the idea of a strictly set theme in a bedroom, but as far as that goes, a butterfly room sounded pretty great to me.

 photo IMG_0375.jpg

 photo IMG_0558.jpg

 photo IMG_0463.jpg

She was a little bummed that I didn't have any fabric with butterflies on it, but decided that a floral fabric would also work after I told her we could figure out some butterfly art. She asked if she could have the Orangerie pillows that were on the daybed in the playroom. We have recently moved that room around too to make space for Margot's crib, so the pillows were up for grabs. I still really love that pattern and thought it would be fun to make it work with her butterfly idea.

 photo IMG_0368 1.jpg

 photo IMG_0555.jpg

It turns out that the Orangerie fabric also works perfectly with the bedding we had ordered from Crane and Canopy. I've been hearing about this company on blogs for years and I was excited to finally get to see some of their product in person. It is gorgeous! Beautifully made and super, super soft.

 photo IMG_0312.jpg

I went with the coral Linden duvet and shams, which I think will grow with Evie and look gorgeous on her bed for years to come!

 photo IMG_0466.jpg

 photo IMG_0495.jpg

The scalloped sheets and pillow shams take the cake for me though! Can you even handle that cute little edge detail? So sweet, but not baby-looking. I would love this sheet set on my own bed. They have so many cute colors in the scalloped line too, including this adorable mint and a super-chic black set!

 photo IMG_0432.jpg

We're still working on finishing Evie's room, but I think we have a good start with this new bedding! Here are a few other favorites from Crane and Canopy:

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento