Miyerkules, Hunyo 10, 2015

Carrara and Skinny Subway Tile

Did you know that carrara marble is actually one of the most affordable stones? At my local slab yards, honed carrara costs about $15 per square foot. Most other stones (even the granite that I don't love) start at about $30 and go way up from there. (Fabrication costs are usually an additional $27-35 per square foot).

 photo 2IMG_0112_2 copy.jpg

 photo Carrara honed.jpg

We're planning on using this carrara in one or two of our current client projects because it's just so beautiful and comparatively affordable. I think marble is great in bathrooms and is especially good on kitchen center islands. I would be comfortable with using marble everywhere in a kitchen because I like the way it wears over time, but I realize it's not for every homeowner.

 photo Rejuvenation Pendants Kitchen.jpg

I really love how carrara mixes with white subway tile (another affordable/timeless/gorgeous choice!). This kitchen was one of our hood style inspirations, but everything else is so, so good. I put some links below to help you track down some of these great products. Have you found a good resource for inexpensive subway tile in interesting sizes?


 photo Green Pendant kitchen.jpg
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento