Martes, Oktubre 13, 2015

~one room challenge~{week 1}

I decided I would be a linking participant in this round of Calling it Homes One Room Challenge event.
If anything will get my rear in gear, this challenge will!
We have an unfinished basement that needs a little love.
The room is a catch all for EVERYTHING under the sun, and I decided after years of it being like this, I'd do something about it. This un-used room is valuable square footage!
So, even though I am a little late to the game, I am joining in and hope to have this room in tip top shape in 6 weeks.



The stairs that lead down to the basement are off of our dining room.
They are carpeted with carpet that doesn't match any other in our house, and the base has a hand painted "family definition"

{bad photos, sorry!}



And here is the room.
I'd like it to function as more of a large mudroom where we store all our sporting goods.
Ski's, snowboards, fishing poles, golf clubs, etc.
I'd also like to create a reading nook and a place for our labs to hang out.
Maybe even a homework station?
I ripped out the laminate flooring that was damaged with water.


Here are some inspiration pictures for my room via my Pinterest board titled, "basement"
I love the look of this area below and would like to take elements from it to create a reading nook in the stuffed closet in the background.


Buffalo check is a must…..



Planked walls….


And repurposing some old Hudson's bay wool blankets…..


I hope you will follow along with me and cross your fingers that I will get it completed in 6 weeks!

xoxo



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento