Huwebes, Oktubre 1, 2015

~thrifty Thursday~ {French clock}

I was at the goodwill last week and came upon a pair of metal clock hands for $9.99 plus 50% off.
I would be lying if I said I hadn't been on the lookout for a pair.
I have forever been wanting to make a large clock.

While I was driving home I remembered seeing a large white metal table top at a friends garage sale last summer. Not thinking she'd still have it since it was a year ago, I decided to ask her just in case.

And guess what, she still had it and said she'd sell it to me for $10!


The tabletop is huge, 42" to be exact.
The clock hands were the perfect size.
I cleaned up the table and spray painted the clock hands black.


I found a clock image I liked online and penciled it all out before painting it.


My husband is going to weld the clock hands on, for now they are just resting there for the picture.


After I painted it, I did scuff it up a little bit with some sandpaper to age it, then sealed it with a matte varathane.




Now I just need to find the perfect spot for it.
Not bad for $15!

xoxo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento