Huwebes, Nobyembre 12, 2015

~one room challenge reveal~


It's been 6 weeks and I am proud to say that our basement is DONE!
I was thrilled to link up to this challenge, and
I hope you like it as much as I do.
It's a pretty utilitarian room, but I also tried to add some pretty things.
It's a room that I can pull my car up to, unload groceries, & kids can drop their backpacks off.
It's also a room that all of our sports equipment can get stored, nicely and neatly so when we need to pack we don't need to search in 12 different places to find our stuff.
Welcome to our home!
At the entrance I potted some plants and hung a couple signs by Between You And Me Signs
{read this post all the way to the end and you could win one!}
I added a couple exterior rugs to wipe feet and a boot/shoe tray.


Just cleaning the windows on the french doors did a lot!
All our bikes are stored here as well, under cover.


Come on in!
Just to the left when you walk in is a huge empty area under the stairs.
I thought it would be a perfect area for the dogs to hang if we have company and don't want them underfoot or eating off our plates.
Keeping it real here!

So, I had my neighbor weld a gate and then my husband sprayed it with car paint.

Let's look at the before first:


After planking and painting the walls, I put down our Hedgehouse USA throwbed for them.
{spoiled dogs!}
I framed a vintage flashcard and added their silhouettes for a fun touch.
Their leashes hang on the side of the new cubbies, which also hold tennis balls and dog treats.
I designed the gate to mimic the checks in the curtains and then, like I said, my neighbor welded it out of steel.
The holes are up to code so I feel safe leaving my babies in there for a short period of time.



Just to the right of the dog area is a set of cubbies that hold the kids' trophies, things we'd need for a road trip, scarves, blankets, and some smaller sports gear.





I mentioned a little surprise element in the room earlier.
Here it is!
This is a old ski lift chair that came out of Lake Tahoe!
My husband got it years ago when they were remodeling and it has been in storage ever since.
He cleaned it up and sprayed it with the same black car paint he used on the dog gate.
He welded a pole for it to mount from the floor to the ceiling.
My mom made the check pillow and I added a cozy wool blanket.
The poster behind it is of the families favorite ski resort.
I had it made from Mapiful.






Just across from this is a wall of cabinets for storage.

Here is the before:


And the after.


8 wooden shelf brackets from Home Depot hold our skis and snowboards perfectly.


Before:


After:




Moving onto the back portion of the room:
Before:


After:
The fishing pole holder is from Cabelas.




Before:
{french drain in the floor if you are wondering}


After:
Reading nook in the back and more storage on the left.
To the right is a big walk in closet with tons of shelving and bags full of more sports equipment.


The rug is from Wayfair.
The deer hooks are from TJ Maxx and I spray painted them yellow.
The fox and bear pillow from here.
Black and white pillows are Ikea.
Kilim pillows from here.
Cushion cover from here.
Similar fabric here.
I made the art and the lights were gifted from a friend.






Back with the reading nook is more storage.




And the stairwell leading up to the upstairs got a new light and some framed prints out of a book from the Olympics circa 1950's from Haystack Home in Kirkland Washington.



Ceiling light from Lamps Plus.




That was a lot to look at, so I have a little surprise for YOU!
Head on over to Between You And Me Signs on etsy, and pick out your favorite one.
Come back here and leave me a comment telling me which one you love AND what your favorite part of my One Room Challenge is.
You will then be entered to win one of their signs of your choice!
{US only please}
I will pick a winner one week from today and announce back here on my blog!


I hope you enjoyed the tour.
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo




1 komento:

  1. It is a beautiful painting. I bought the larger horizontal one with the white flowers. The texture is great as well acrylic flower painting on canvas

    TumugonBurahin