Martes, Nobyembre 24, 2015

Holiday Equations: Shimmer + Organic + Unexpected Color

I'm really getting into the holiday spirit this year! We busted out the Christmas decor at our house this weekend and took a trip to Target to supplement the things I already had on hand. I wanted our holiday decorations to look a little more clean and modern this season! My formula was a bit of shimmer + pops of unexpected color + organic elements.

 photo IMG_2979.jpg

Here are my best tips for pulling it off!

1) The more shimmer, the better! Not only are metallic, reflective and glittery surfaces are super festive, there's the added bonus that the colors will always look great with your home's permanent decor!

 photo IMG_3489.jpg

I found these metallic paper stars at Target (on sale!) that definitely fit in the shimmer category and I bought two in each color and size. I hung them from the molding on either side of the library using 3M hooks and black ribbon. I think it looks great from the entry and from the music room!

 photo IMG_3221.jpg

 photo IMG_3285.jpg

 photo IMG_3234.jpg

2) Think beyond the standard red + green color scheme!

Speaking of the black ribbon, I really wanted to incorporate small hits of unexpected color (like black) in my holiday decor this year. Target had some black ornaments that I added to my collection (as well as these pretty pastel gem-shaped ornaments).

 photo IMG_3510.jpg
(and how pretty is the Sugar Paper line of gift boxes?)

 photo IMG_3021.jpg

 photo IMG_3058.jpg

I tried to bring the pops of black and shimmer in to the other parts of the room using pillows and accent furniture like this little faux fur stool. Isn't it pretty?!

 photo IMG_3502.jpg

I love this big black and white pillow so much that I bought a second one to use as a pair on the roll-arm sofa after the holidays. It's great for pattern-mixing (like with this sweet little gold-embroidered pillow).

 photo IMG_3080.jpg

3) Keep the look modern with organic elements

Target's done an amazing job of nailing the organic modern look this year! I'm crazy over these gold wreaths and the black candelabras have been my obsession since they hit the shelves a month or two ago. They're just too good!

 photo IMG_3456.jpg

This gold candle holder was another had-to-have favorite! I put in dark green tea lights and I think the combo is so pretty! The little marble bowl and the monogrammed tray are also from the Target holiday collection.

 photo IMG_3424.jpg

 photo IMG_2997.jpg

Here is another place that I used my holiday formula. I know lilac doesn't automatically come to mind when you think of holiday colors, but I think really any color can work! And doesn't the lilac look so fresh and festive here on this shimmery berry wreath? I hung it with fresh pine boughs on top of my giant floor mirror where we like to tape up holiday cards from friends and family.

 photo IMG_3605.jpg

 photo IMG_3397.jpg

 photo IMG_3020.jpg

I carried the non-traditional-pops-of-color theme into the music room with a warm, organic wooden bowl full of my antique mercury glass ornaments and these AMAZING bottle brush trees on the piano.

 photo IMG_3135.jpg

 photo IMG_3116.jpg

Have you seen all the rose gold pieces at Target right now? So on-trend! This solid metal Merry Christmas garland is especially beautiful in person!

 photo IMG_3154.jpg

And how cute is this little JOY sign that I put on our bookshelves?

 photo IMG_3040.jpg

In this little corner of the music room, I used this super-gorg Nate Berkus marble and brass side table to hold some pretty flowers and little festive trinkets. I'm really digging this color combo!

 photo IMG_3164.jpg


It was so fun to transform these rooms with my girls over the weekend! Those unexpected color additions and all the modern shimmer made my old holiday decor feel so fresh to me, but the organic touches helped keep the look clean and more modern.

 photo IMG_2967.jpg

What holiday equations will you use to transform your home for the holidays?

This post is brought to you by Target Style. Shop the new Home collection in stores and online.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento