Lunes, Nobyembre 9, 2015

#purposeinstyle

Do you find yourself pursuing Instagram, Pinterest, and decor blogs, and sometimes feel like your home just doesn't compare?
You see perfectly styled rooms with not one bit of trash, the kids are sitting up straight at the dinner table, candles burning.
Then you look around your own house and see a pile of laundry on the kitchen counter, kids are fighting, and your house smells like wet dog.
Well, my friends Lindsay at The White Buffalo Styling Company came up with this great idea.
What if some design bloggers showed you "real" photos of our homes?
Our homes actually being used and lived in, not picture perfect.

So, please join The White Buffalo Styling Company, House Seven Blog, Bliss At Home, Nesting with Grace, and myself as we will share our family living out style with purpose.
This will be a weekly series on Instagram, every Monday, where you can join in and show us your rooms, as you use them in everyday life.

For me, this is a constant struggle.
No one really wants to see other peoples messes do they?
So when I post a photo, I make sure it is visually pleasing.
However, we live in our home.
We have 2 big yellow labs that also share our 2,200 square feet with my husband and I and two teenage kids.
I don't have a house cleaner, I don't have a gardener.
It gets messy.

Our kitchen counter does double duty as a homework station.
The guest bath is also my daughters bathroom, and when you walk through our small home, you may just have to step over a sleeping dog.

Here is a picture of our dining room I showed in our fall home tour.


And here is it today:




Our dining room doubles as a craft room sometimes.
I am getting ready to work on a Christmas project and this seemed like a good spot.
So tonight we will be eating dinner up to the island in the kitchen and for a couple days I am sure this mess will only get larger.
Please join us all on Instagram and show us your #purposeinstyle
xoxo




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento