Huwebes, Nobyembre 5, 2015

~one room challenge week 5~ {mud room}

The One Room Challenge is almost over!
There is good news and there is bad news.
The good news is that this room is FINALLY getting done!
The bad news is that I could use another 2 weeks……

If you want to start from the beginning, go to these links:




Our basement is taking shape into a wonderful mud room.
I can't wait to pull up my car outside the doors and walk into a space that is clean and fresh and has plenty of storage.

This week I painted and planked, planked and painted.

The only area that is really "done" is the reading nook. The rest of the room is still under construction, but I did manage to style this space.
I just couldn't wait!


I got so close to being done with the walls, but ran a tiny bit short on material.
Back to the hardware store I go.

I picked up this set of cubbies at our local ReStore.


I added another 2 feet of wood to make them taller, then painted them out to match the walls.
I think they are so sweet.
They came out of a church Sunday school room.


To the left of them I finished planking the inside of the closet area which will serve as a large kennel for our dogs.
My husband was going to make a gate for the front but seeing how he is short on time and I need him for a bunch of other jobs, my neighbor will be making them.
Let's hope I can get all the material to him in time for him to make it!

To the right of the church cubbies will be a surprise!
It's a good one and I can't wait to share it with you.
Cross your fingers I finish it in time too!


I did get the entry doors painted black which I love.
Now time to clean up the construction zone happening in the driveway right outside those dirty windows!


I have a door to go here but am really hoping to find a vintage half lite door.
I keep scouring craigslist and my salvage center websites for the perfect one.


I painted on the words, "GO OUTSIDE" straight onto the wall.
It seemed very fitting for this room that will house all of our outdoor sports gear.
Again, needing to accomodate:

Snowboards
Skis
Fishing Poles
Ice Skates
Lacrosse Gear
Soccer Gear
Football Gear
Tennis Rackets
Dog Toys
Weights & other small workout equipment
Hunting Gear
Hiking
&
Camping Gear.

That is a lot to cram into a small space, so organization is key!




I hope you will be back next Thursday to see the room completed.
Wish me luck!
xoxo



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento