Biyernes, Nobyembre 6, 2015

~our Thanksgiving tablescape & tour~

I am so excited that Bre asked me to be a part of the Thanksgiving tables cape tour this year!
My friend Jennifer Rizzo was the last one on this tour.
If you are here from her blog, welcome!
I love creating different and interesting table ideas for the various holiday's, so this was so much fun.

This year I wanted to create something using only the things I had on hand, and also do it for next to no money.
I think I succeeded, and I will show you how you can create this same look!

The idea for this years table came from this fabric I had left over from my One Room Challenge, and these new wine glasses.

I also really like the idea of mixing checks and polka dots.
Do you remember this project I did a while ago?
Well, it inspired me to do the same to some dollar store plates.
I just used a black sharpie and made random dots around the edges.



On top of each place setting is a little box filled with chocolates for my guests to take home.
I tied them up with twine and added their name on tags I made using PicMonkey.
I found a color I liked, added the name, printed them out, and then cut them into a leaf shape, and tucked them under the twine.







The menu placemats are another fun addition this year.
I simply printed out our menu on 2 pieces of card stock and taped them together.
The paper on the left has the appetizers and drinks, and the paper on the right has the entree and desserts.


The centerpiece started with this tray.
Then I added a large vintage bowl to the center of it and filled it with clippings from around the yard.



I hope I have inspired you to throw a little DIY into your Thanksgiving tablescape.
It doesn't have to cost a fortune to be beautiful!

Next up on the tour is Laura from Finding Home Farms.


Day 5 Collage

Be sure to check all these out!


xoxo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento