Linggo, Nobyembre 1, 2015

Happy Halloween, because we care.

You guys, it is Halloween, so of course, I am sharing my costumes, ahem… from last year, because it takes me a year to write a post about making costumes for Halloween. #badblogger

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (1 of 21)

No seriously, you should know I am a Halloween costume procrastinator.  Also, because I like to semi-home-make our costumes, they tend to be rather expensive, and take forever.  Anyone else see a problem with this equation?  This year, I realized I should have just spent the $45 bucks on a pre-made costume, saved time AND money and been happy, doggone it! (I just can’t make myself do it!)  I am a glutton for punishment, and Halloween.

Anywho, last year, we decided to be Care bears!

For those of you looking to do this, you can buy pre-made kiddie costumes Wonderheart and Cheer, they are adorable, but the adult costumes wouldn’t have matched and I would have had to make them from scratch (no way!).

Instead, I ordered hooded (except Justin- since Funshine often wears a helmet) fleece onsie pajamas,  these are the exact suits I ordered Wonderheart, Cheer, Harmony and Funshine.

My girl’s onsies were a little big, which meant I had to do a bit of altering.  This actually worked out because I was able to make ears with the left over fabric and some felt..  Mine had a little hand pocket on the front of the suit.  I carefully used a seam picker and removed it.  Then I made my ears out of that.  Justin’ didn’t have ears!

I used a large felt circle in white, lined with white cotton for stability on each suit, and 7 colors of flannel in about 1/4 yard each (you will have left over fabric!).  I cut out the designs (according to images of the belly patches online) and cut out the designs in similar fabric colors.  If winging the design feels too overwhelming, save the belly patch image, print out at the proper scale and use it as a pattern.  Once the pieces were in place, I glued them with a small amount of fabric glue and zig-zagged all the edges with coordinating or contrasting thread depending on the design.

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (4 of 21)

Once each patch was deigned, and because each suit had a zipper down the tummy, I sewed the tummy patch to one side of the suit.  Then I added velcro to the opposite side of both the suit and belly patch.  That way the zippers still function but the patches stay on nice.  One little extra detail, are the little heart butt patches, because CUTE!

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (14 of 21)

 Introducing the CARE BEARS!

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (1 of 24)

Wonderheart bear:

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (3 of 21)

Cheer Bear:

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (8 of 21)

Harmony Bear:

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (9 of 21)

Funshine Bear:

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (6 of 21)

Yes, our whole family dressed up in fleece onsie pajamas.  Props to my amazing husband for being so, well, AMAZING and being such a good dad to two little girls.  They truly adore you for playing along, and you deserve it.

We had a wonderful Halloween day.   We made a whole day of it.  Lunch in full garb and trip to the park for pictures and fun, trick or treating, carving pumpkins and finally eating candy while watching the nightmare before Christmas!

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (12 of 21)

On to the park:

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (18 of 21)Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (19 of 21) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (16 of 21) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (15 of 21) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (18 of 24) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (9 of 24) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (13 of 24) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (11 of 24) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (8 of 24) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (6 of 24) Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (4 of 24)Trick or treating.  I just LOVE the anticipation in this picture!

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (21 of 24)

The haul!  (yes, we try to keep it reasonable…)

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (23 of 24)

Pumpkin carving!

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (17 of 24)

And Jack Skellington!

Family of Carebears Halloween costumes for families @remodelaholic (24 of 24)

Happy Halloween!

The post Happy Halloween, because we care. appeared first on Remodelaholic.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento